It makes up for not being credited for working on Pan.
I've actually been back for a couple of weeks now. But life has become super busy once more. Thus far, here are come quick random updates on life there, and here:
- Tried Tinder. Prospects were dismal, at best.
- Was able to more push-ups than my mancrush; to beat someone who you look up to at something is exhilarating.
- Got insomnia for 4 weeks after getting back, which was alarming, since it took me only 4 days to acclimate to an Indian sleep-cycle. Maybe I belong near the equator, at a different time zone, despite winter being wedged firmly within my heart.
- Just realized I'm not above schadenfreude after seeing a co-worker attacked by a monkey over a banana. He's fine now, but I still feel kinda bad just remembering that debacle.
- Was able to gain access to the Executive Lounge after 45 days of living at the Renaissance (coincidence? I think not) Hotel. And then my last week was spent mostly in my room, sick with some kind of viral and bacterial ailment. Doctor gave me a scare when he told me Malaria and Dengue were on the rise. The fever dreams did not make the situation any better. Thankfully, the antibiotics and bed rest worked.
- I play Starcraft 2 now. I tend to stick to Co-Op missions only. DotA is still my first love.
- I quit Magic: The Gathering. You know how some MTG players brag that it's impossible to quit that game? I put almost 2000 dollars into it, and cut it out of my life like a tumor because it got in the way of my Artwork. It was taking up to much of my thoughts, and those thoughts would be better invested in the Grim Renaissance. Once the decision was made, nothing my friends said could sway me.
- Hitting the gym harder now. It's high time I did so.
- Gotten closer to my Church Family. Been struggling with quite a few things, as of recently. They have been the source of much comfort. Turns out, not all Christians are holier-than-thou, stuck-up hypocrites. I'm still not the same I used to be a year ago, but I am now hanging on, thanks to them and God.
- Spicy food is no longer a phobia, thanks to the innumerable India servers who I told to reduce heat levels on my orders to a minimum, but still managed to bring me a dish that could set ghosts on fire.
- Friggin' Mumbai Tuk-Tuks: Canada needs them.
- Work on the Grim Renaissance has been paused. I'll be doing some stuff related to my colleagues at work for now. It'll be completely separate from the Grim Renaissance. I've no intention of giving my company even the slightest excuse to claim my Canon as their own property, regardless of how grateful I am for working for them. Once I finish up the Ars Arcanis stuff, I'll get back to my real projects. Speaking of which, I forget: who were the ones who took up Spot #19 and Spot#20? If you're still around, and still interested, we're going to need to get that done.
Thanks to everyone who still watches me. I do miss India, but I am glad to be back in Canada.
A special THANK YOU to
for the extended Core Membership!