Presto! Voila! Kaboom! Behold my entry for the Summer Vacation Contest over at
Download for full size!
Yes, I know the style is super-simplified, and I got lazy on the shading.
Edit: felt like the right side was a little empty/unbalanced. I added an extra section just for kicks, and also to make the journal entry make more sense.
Here be the OC's involved:
Joshua 'The Triumvirate' Dsiorpov, AKA: [link]
Brandon 'The Dreamer' Benevides, AKA: [link]
Allen 'Unanimusa' Pryor, AKA:
Tina 'Strider Doodle' Strelka, AKA:
Adam ‘The Dragon’ Cero, AKA:
Jae 'The Chimera' MacGillebrath
Nathanial 'War Magister' Birchfield, AKA
'Epsilon Star', AKA: [link]
Jean-Philippe ‘The Awakened’ Boucher, AKA: [link]
Grim Renaissance Setting and Concept owned by me, including but not limited to the Grim Aesthetics and subsequent Techniques, Neighboring Renaissances, Renaissance Lineages, Renaissance Guilds and Renaissance Institutions, the Artist's Prerogative, as well as the Roarstair Lake. Identities and Personal Biographies belong to the Artists portrayed.
This event, i.e. the Vacation, will be non-canon to the webcomic, unless all 10 members agree otherwise.
Also, speaking of 10 members, I forgot to mention that the final member of the Rosters, while having yet to make a formal appearance, has turned up for this piece. Consider it a tiny cameo of sorts.
~ Edit: added the link to his completed profile.
Lastly, random trivia about Roarstair Lake:
- There are about 2000 waterfalls making the steps of the Roarstairs, where this particular place gets its name, and each level of waterfalls can be hundreds of meters high, be nearly a few miles in length before the next drop, and extend for up to several dozen kilometers in terms of breadth.
- Such an overwhelming amount of water is supplied by an immense lake at the top of the stairs, which in turn is fed by a so-called 'Eternal Glacier' whose run off alone provides oceanic amounts of water without so much as a minor decrease in its overall size.
- This Realm is essentially an infinitely-large mountain, with Roarstair Lake at the very top, feeding endless amounts of water to the slopes below that go on forever. Air pressure and gravity, remains constant throughout this realm, which is the case with most Landscaped Domains in the Renaissance, otherwise a mountain with an infinite amount of mass would simply implode under its own gravity. Such is the duty of a Master-Class Landscaper Artist: if one is to create such a place that goes against the laws of nature, one must rewrite nature itself. This is why there is no repetition within such created realms, even though science dictates that in a place measurable by googolplexes (much less a place without measure) there are only so many quantum states possible within a certain space, and past that doppelgangers will occur. All that is thrown out of the window when Imagination, Prerogative and Logic work together.
- A delicacy exists in the woodland areas surrounding the Lake. The Sugargem Orchid is a parasitic plant, but the crystallized chunk of nectar found in its midst is a much-prized ingredient in many Renaissance candies, able to imbue even a lowly sugar mint with vast healing prowess if used correctly.
- If you can catch one, the car-sized catfish within the lake are excellent grilled or steamed, served with herbs and a salad.
- Furboar Mice are extremely protective of their young, not just physically, but emotionally. If you scoff at how they resemble a cross between a pom-pom and a pair of nun-chucks, you can be sure an irate Furboar parent will run you down and give you a good thrashing. If befriended, however, they make glad steeds for hiking up the waterfall cliffs; despite their pudgy constitution and easily-upset demeanor, they are excellent mountaineers.
Well, here goes nothing!