Name: Tina 'Strider Doodle' Strelka
Nationality: Polish, Russian, German
- A tiger-blonde girl wearing blue glasses and a hat on top of her head. For the most part she’ll keep a tiny smile on her face. Has a tendency to wear attitude t-shirts, sometimes with references to shows and internet memes. Has a thing for cargo pants, either black or blue. She doesn’t really have a fashion sense and will keep her outfits simple, unless it’s for a special occasion. The hat on her head changes each day; it can range from a purple top hat to a brown newspaper boy’s hat with a button on the side, and for the most part she will wear the hat for the whole day, unless told by a superior to take it off.
- For the most part Tina keeps to herself about where she has lived and where she came from, but when talking about her childhood, she has a tendency to ramble on and on. The youngest of five kids, she knows what its like to be the last. She has moved three times, though she won’t say where she moved too. She has a lot of crazy experiences, from almost drowning twice, seeing her sister get attacked by a leech, squirrels bothering her randomly, receiving her black belt at age 15, to finding a skeleton of a fox in the woods at the back of her house. All one has to do is ask; if she trust and likes a person, she’ll more than likely tell him or her.
- Tina is highly empathetic and pretty confident for most of the time, but she tends to have moments of dread and loss of confidence when put into new situations. She always seems to stick to the back of crowds and calmly watches the events unfold before her. She also acts differently depending upon the people and situation, but for the most part she does prefer to be alone.
- When she’s by herself or with new people, she can be polite and kind, keeping her conversations short and sweet. She won’t delve into the conversation unless she begins to show interest in the person she is talking to, but for the most part she will speak her mind and then go back to remaining silent and out of the way.
- When she’s with friends and family she is goofy and silly. She doesn’t remain serious for long, she lets her true colors show, to the point where she ends up being a bit snarky and sarcastic with people close to her. She cares greatly for those she calls friend or family, and will stick up for anyone of them. If something about a person bothers her she will let them know so that they won't have any surprises about her attitude.
- When at work, or any place serious, she will keep a stern appearance, rarely showing off a small smile. She looks like she has an enormous amount of confidence, but on the inside she is slowly freaking out, hoping she doesn’t screw up. She maintains her calm, collected demeanor until someone points out the fact she seems a bit scared. Then, she slowly starts to crack. She’ll quickly recover, but those negative thoughts will remain in the back of her head.
Grim Artist Class: Dilettante; much more powerful than an Apprentice. Can exhibit more advanced Grim Techniques and has refined the basics ones to the point where they can be used for more complex and potent moves. Is outclassed by a Savant Class Artist and definitely no match for a Virtuoso Class Artist.
Grim Art Type:
- Fate Arts. Her expenses jeopardize her cosmic/abstract self.
- Tina is knowledgeable in Combat, Gaming. She can also Draw and Paint.
- Tina, knowing that she doodles a lot on paper, uses her biodegradable pencil for her Grim Art. This pencil isn’t fancy or special – it’s just biodegradable. She also uses her tablet and pen, which she calls Wacky.
As an Artist:
- Tina loves to show and tell stories, but since she isn’t the best at speaking sometimes, she decided to try her hand at comic books. She greatly enjoys reading and getting invested in new and interesting characters. She will sometimes go out of her way to help a friend bounce ideas off her to help them with their plots. She loves to see wacky and outlandish creations, and will try her best to draw them complicated, but it always ends up with a simplistic design for the most part. She HATES art thieves and will not spare their kind any leniency or tolerance. However, she’s alright with tracers, since she knows it is a pretty effective way to get used to other styles, as long as the Artist doesn't stick to tracing stuff forever. She likes to support new Artists and give them critiques.
As a Grim Artist:
- She is an extremely hard person to provoke, since her black belt training has taught her great self-control, which is only set aside when deal with art thieves or extremely irksome folks. She has a tendency to not let anything bother her, and to talk things out instead of fighting. But if she is some how coerced into fighting she can be pretty dangerous. She’ll start out with Martial Arts before moving onto her Grim Aesthetics. At first, she’ll be defensive and observe how her enemy fights, and from there she will devise a plan to immobilize the target and end the battle quickly. Thanks to her training, she can effectively pinpoint an opponent's weak spots. For example, if her opponent is standing with their left foot forward and is facing Tina with their left side more than their whole front, she knows that fighter has just screwed him/herself over a bit. That fighter has cut off their right side of their body, and unless they are quick with switching their feet, it'll be hard for them to attack with their right leg or hand. Not only that but they have left their back a bit undefended, and thus Tina will keep attacking the fighters back, not worrying much about their right side.
- Tina’s drawback to is that each time she uses a Grim art, she will slowly vanish from Reality. Not only will she disappear from the Physical Plane, but also people who knew her will slowly forget about her completely. Curiously enough, she will remain in text and photos, but people will either not notice her, of wonder who she is. Granted, it takes about 3 high-level Grim Art Techniques, or 5 weaker ones that have been activated for an hour, in order for her to start vanishing.
Favored Moves: Tina is a great combination of both fighter and summoner. She can rely on lists upon lists Characters to come to her aid with everything from chores to combat.
- The first of many is Apaco, a Demon with an entity called 'The End' stuck inside her. Her job is to 'end anything and everything' when the time comes. She’s Tina’s heavy hitter, and though she might not be the smartest in battle, when given direction she can be a serious threat.
- The second is ReeBaa, the first every OC that she made. ReeBaa is a simple, yellow creature that has a huge appetite, and is capable of eating anything. It has three stomachs, and one of them is more or less a empty dimension. ReeBaa has a good biting and striking power too, and she can also fly and change her size. On her own she is a minor threat, but when partnered up with Tina or Apaco, she becomes very dangerous.
- The third Summon that Tina can call upon is an immense group of Space Fireflies. The glowing, ethereal bugs are usually passive and love to entertain people, but can make for a wonderful defensive team. For you see these are not normal fireflies, these fireflies contain the souls and dormant spirits of gods (most of them from Tina's imagination), goddens (another one of Tina’s creations), all sorts of entities, and powerful humans. These insects are able to harness that power and make themselves invisible and near indestructible, but their true strength comes from all one million of them sticking together and forming shapes, even attacking and defending at the same time. If someone were to start capturing them and separating them their strength would diminish quickly. Tina relies on her Fireflies the most because of how versatile they are, flying around her in thick swarms, with uses ranging from carying her, forming a shield, to turning into a hammer that she can use to crush her opponents. Outside the Renaissance, a single Firefly has been known to take out several Cosmic Beings by itself.
- One of her most powerful summons are the Space Whales. These mighty behemoths are a beautiful spectacles within the Grim Renaissance, but are not allowed outside of it. Unchecked, a lone Space Whale could devour an infinite amount of existences, including the entities guarding them. This has actually happened once, which is why Tina has not summoned them outside the Renaissance ever since. Three species have been revealed.
- The Humpback Space Whales are the most common, and these gentle creatures wander the galaxies of a Renaissance Realm eating Space Fireflies and giving lonely souls and spirits a place to sleep in its belly. As weird as that sounds, there have been numerous reports of someone living getting eaten by these creatures, and said person would usually give an account of seeing a heaven-like dimension within the beast's stomach. Of course, no one gets to stay for long, and people are often spat out in a couple of seconds. There can be 6-12 Humpbacks in a pod.
- Orca Space Whales are a rarer sight. These creatures are more prone to attack hostile subjects. They are strongest out of all the space whales, and it's still unclear how exactly they clean up the universe/galaxies within the Renaissance. Though they tend towards in-fighting, there have been cases where they've entertained a lost Renaissance Spaceship and brought it back or close to a planet. Their pods may contain 5-10 members.
- The Space Whale Shark is the largest species ever sighted. Though on many Earths, the whale shark is not a Whale per se, but it doesn't matter so much in space. It is said they feed on the souls of dead planets and have multiple existences locked away in their stomach. Whale Sharks are the friendliest of all the Space Whales, and they also have the best camouflage, so unless an Artist knows what it is that he or she should be looking for it's very unlikely that they'll see a Whale Shark the first time they encounter one. They do not have pods.
Drawing Aesthetics, Quick Sketch: A common method specific to this Aesthetic. It allows a Grim Artist to rapidly churn out a summon. Speed can range from seconds to near-instantly.
- Tina uses this to produce weapons (mostly bo staffs and swords) and she has 3 OCs that she summons the most, and keeps their already sketched out papers with her at all times.
- Note: Created Weapons aren't as good as Crafted Weapons, as they rely only on the Prerogative of their maker, while Crafted Weapons can tap into the Prerogative of their Crafter, their Wielder, and posses an Artist's Prerogative of their own that is imbued via their materials, brand name, quality, the processes used to make them, etc.
Drawing Aesthetics, Portal Papers: A simple Technique that allows the Artist to draw a room or place that they visit often – or practically live in – on a piece of paper. Activation of the Technique allows them to jump through said paper and end up in the room that they drew, no matter where they had been prior to entry. Great for a quick escape.
Drawing Aesthetics, Sketcher's Charge: A common Technique, similar to the Author's Charge. Temporarily fuses the Grim Artist with his or her Grim Device and dissolves both into a dark, glowing streak that rockets across a predetermined trajectory at jaw-dropping speeds before reforming at the destination. The path that the Artist took will create products of his or her Grim Art. For a Grim Sketcher the path he or she traveled through will form pictures or characters. Artists usually use this technique to quickly move from one spot to another while still unleashing their art at the same time.
- This is an extremely dangerous move for Tina, not having practiced it a lot, and she will only be used in the most desperate of times.
Combat Aesthetics, Nonstop Endurance: A mandatory Technique for Grim Martial Artists. Through a combination of training and Grim Arts, it is now impossible for the Artist to tire physically below a certain level of exertion.
- Her limit is a secret for now.
Combat Aesthetics, Striking Overdrive: A very common Technique for Grim Martial Artists. When initiated, the user can magnify the force and effects of his or her blows by striking multiple times in a single instant (literally zero time between blows) or less. This is a very stealthy way for fighters to sneak in a powerful hit; to the enemy it only registers as a single blow, but the aftermath is a lot messier. The better the fighter, the more hits he or she can land in an instant, turning what seems to be lower-level moves into duel-ending ones.
- Tina has been known to land over 50 moves at once.
Combat Aesthetics, Fighter's Identity: This 'passive ability' allows a Grim Art to augment the physical capabilities of its Artist cost-free, of it's own volition. Artists who are more closely-bonded to his/her Art sometimes result in his/her Art boosting his/her capabilities more than others. Boosts can be different for Artists. Usually, they gain a great increase in speed, strength, stamina and reaction timing.
- Outside the Renaissance, even the simplest of boosts can have ridiculous results. Even when trying to control themselves, Grim Artists have shattered multiverses with an errant twitch, much to the chagrin of any survivors.
Gaming Aesthetics, Gamer's Stillness: Pauses Reality around oneself, and stops all people who are currently fighting the Artist. This allows the user to assess the situation and better prepare themselves. The better one is at this Aesthetic, the longer and more concrete the pause. Artists who have mastered this Technique can even walk around while everyone is 'paused' and resume the fight in another spot.
- Movie and Animation Aesthetics have a similar Technique. The mechanics of their Techniques may have slight differences, however.
- Tina can only activate this for about 1 minute and she is frozen into the same spot during Technique activation. On another note she tends to make the time-out sign right before using it. Why? Why not?
Gaming Aesthetics, Lawmaker Declaration: A higher-cost Technique that allows an Artist to set the rules for a scenario. The more experience one has with this Aesthetic, the more complicated and numerous one can make his/her rules. Some Grim Arts charge per person that a Rule is applied to. Other Arts charge per Rule, or Rule duration.
- Tina can only make simple Rules, and this is still considered a high leveled Grim Art for her
- Naming for this Technique is formally 'Gaming Aesthetics, Lawmaker Declaration' followed by the type of rule, and the specific rule.
- Tends to look out into space and daydream when bored.
- Loves to play videos on her free time.
- Joins too many Original Character Tournaments for her own good.
- When out for walks, she is often seen with a music player in her ears, blasting songs of all sorts of Genres.
- Will often summon her Characters when bored, maybe to talk to them, go on an adventure, play a game or spar with them.
- Never mess with her family or friends. It won’t be good for your health.
- She believes she is here to increase the awesome, and decrease the suck in the world! That is, she's a 'nerdfighter'.
- Will read at night. Not anything crappy; she reads good books, not popular ones.
- Can tolerate kids, and rather enjoys drawing for them.
- Can get scared easily, but oddly enough she still enjoys scary games. She just can’t play them alone or in the dark.
- Biggest fears are spiders, pitch blackness, and being alone or forgotten forever.
- Ruining her art is also a good way to shatter her self-control. She once played a merciless prank on an acquaintance who believed that Grim Artists were not beyond all, but had no way to prove that notion. Boiling points were reached when this Artist made the mistake of vandalizing Tina and Josh's Art. In their rage, the two Dilettantes sealed the perpetrator and all of her creations into a modified Space Whale, tinkering with their memories via several potent Gaming and Writing Techniques. The offending artist and her creations now exist in a special dimension at the Space Whale's rectum. Within it, they believe that they have outmatched the Grim Renaissance and the Wolfgang Syndicate. To everyone else, the truth is clear: the prisoners are wallowing in Space Whale excrement. Whatever they do in the Virtual Reality that Tina and Josh have designed, they do in real life with steaming whale poop. This includes bathing, combat, having dinner, conversing, and even sleeping. Their antics are recorded and broadcasted all over the Renaissance as a shock-value entertainment. It was Tina and Josh's way of saying that no matter how grand this moronic Artist's delusion became, it was still just a delusion. Unfortunately, both Tina and Josh seem to have completely forgotten about the Space Whale they sealed her into.
- Tina has come into ownership of an adorable puppy not too long ago. She describes it as a very hyper dog, bordering on ADD, and not a very smart mutt at that. But her puppy loves people, and has a habit of jumping straight up to look his master right in the eye.GRIM RENAISSANCE ROSTERS:
A Glance at the Renaissance: rafael-domination.deviantart.c…
The Grim Aesthetics of Renaissance 'Forgewater': rafael-domination.deviantart.c…
Main Roster 01: rafael-domination.deviantart.c…
Main Roster 02: rafael-domination.deviantart.c…
Main Roster 03: rafael-domination.deviantart.c…
Main Roster 04: YOU ARE HERE
Main Roster 05: rafael-domination.deviantart.c…
Main Roster 06: rafael-domination.deviantart.c…
Main Roster 07: rafael-domination.deviantart.c…
Main Roster 08: rafael-domination.deviantart.c…
Main Roster 09: rafael-domination.deviantart.c…
Main Roster 10: rafael-domination.deviantart.c…
Main Roster 11: rafael-domination.deviantart.c…
Main Roster 12: rafael-domination.deviantart.c…
Main Roster 13: rafael-domination.deviantart.c…
Main Roster 14: rafael-domination.deviantart.c…
Side Roster 01: rafael-domination.deviantart.c…
Side Roster 02: rafael-domination.deviantart.c…
Side Roster 03: rafael-domination.deviantart.c…
Side Roster 04: rafael-domination.deviantart.c…
Side Roster 05: rafael-domination.deviantart.c…
THE DEVIANT FEATURED IN THIS ROSTER IS:
MINOR EDITS HAVE BEEN MADE TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE A GENUINE ROSTER. THE ORIGINAL PICTURE MAY BE FOUND HERE: jemkatanatina.deviantart.com/a…